MY LIST OF MUST-HAVE PREGNANCY PRODUCTS
Pregnancy goes one of two ways. You either love it or you have it. Personally, I hated every second of it. Let’s just say the “pregnancy glow” missed this one by a long shot.
I will say though, thanks to some incredible pregnancy-related products, the 9 months went by pretty fast.
Not every product is created equal, as I realized, and I bought into all the hype of marketing. I pretty much stockpiled a lot of crap, but definitely found the ones that were true to their reviews.
With money being so tight for so many, I want to help make sure you don’t end up doing what I did by purchasing everything you found.
Here’s my list of must haves to help make your human-growing journey easier and more enjoyable!
(WAS THAT SUSPENSEFUL? NO? OK, COOL)
- Backrest Pillow – Comfort is KEY and girl, I used this thing every day. I even slept on it. I used it on the couch, the floor, and my bed. It was a high priority. Great for relaxing with some pregnancy cravings.
- Cup Holder Amazingness – Now I will admit that’s not the name, and I will also admit I did not have this, but the things I would have done to have something like this. This is amazing. Have it right next to you filled up with your lemon water, your preggie pop drops, your ginger ale. Yes. A million times yes.
- Preggie Pop Drops – These were quite literally the ONLY thing that eased my nausea those first three months. Well, that and Little Ceasers, but I digress. You need these. They also sell them at Target and I think almost all drugstores.
- U-Shaped Pregnancy Pillow – Alright, personally I didn’t LOVE this, but all of my friends swear by it. I just could not get comfortable for the life of me when I slept. I did love this when just relaxing watching TV though so I would say if you want to give it a try, do. It came highly recommended by almost every pregnant mama I knew or met.
- Maternity Joggers – Having soft comfy pants that look cute is what dreams are made of when pregnant. A pair like these Li & Qu maternity joggers is ideal!
- Bio-Oil – My body really wanted to be an overachiever in the stretch mark department. I am quite literally covered, but I will say using Bio-Oil helped A LOT not only on the areas I focused on, but postpartum as well.
- Dresses – This rayon midi dress is great for just being cool and comfortable. I also seriously loved flowy maxi dresses, especially during the summer.
- Well-supported Sandals – Ok, hear me out for a second because I know these are not trendy. My feet got so tired so quickly that I had to resort to these sandals and as ugly as they may be to some, they were socomfortable and helped me a lot.
- Maternity Belly Support Band – I wish I had gotten this sooner. Belly bands are so great for giving your back some relief with all the pressure on your pelvis and hips. This one in particular was great.
- Pregnancy Journal/Planner – Documenting your pregnancy is a great way to remember all your experiences because you will forget some of it! I love this one because it also functions as a planner so you can keep track of all your appointments and tests in one.
- Comfy Slippers – All the comfy things are necessary and slippers are included!
- Handheld Fan – If you live in Cali right now, I don’t need to explain.
- 1 Gallon Water Bottle – Staying hydrated is so important while pregnant, but also really hard to achieve. Fill this bad boy up with ice and lemon wedges and get to hydrating!
- The Big Fat Activity Book for Pregnant People – Because Quarantine…
Most importantly, just focus on your mindset and your mental wellbeing. It is easy to get caught up in all the expectations of how you should look, feel, and experience pregnancy, but at the end of the day, this is YOUR journey.
There is no right or wrong way to experience pregnancy as long as you are putting yourself and your babies needs first.
What items have you been absolutely needing during your pregnancy? Let us know in the comments!
Also, feel free to save this post for later on Pinterest and follow us as well!