Summer is quickly approaching which I could not be more happy about. But, as much as I love my summer months, I absolutely hate sweating my makeup off. First of all, it’s a waste of money (my Jewish heritage is showing), second, no one likes looking like an watercolor painting. To make sure your face is looking all kinds of flawless, here are our tips for keeping the schvitzing from ruining that highlight, girl.
(Yiddish word of the month: Schvitzing – to sweat or perspire. Can be used for describing a slight dampness or a full on waterpark situation.)
1. Oil-Free Products – Make sure your moisturizing, primer, and foundation are all oil-free. Matte makeup is great for summer months as it controls your oil production and helps keep your skin dry and controlled. If you tend to have dry skin to begin with, try a product that is a semi-matte or natural finish. Avoid products labeled “dewy”. We can get that glow back later on with our setting sprays.
2. Light to Medium Coverage – Summer is not the time to pull out those full coverage foundations. Embrace your skin and go for a more natural look that will look youthful and also be more comfortable when the weather is inspired by the Devil’s armpits. BB Creams or tinted moisturizers are also great to whip out during these warm months as well if you want to forgo an added layer of foundation. I love a good 2-in-1 product.
3. Cream/Liquid Products – Powders tend to make your skin look cakey when the sun is beating down on you. Cream products like eyeshadows, blushes, and highlights make for a beautiful tint and last longer.
4. Primed Lids – Be sure to prime your eyelids with eyeshadow primer to ensure no budging or smearing as the day goes on. A waterproof primer is even better.
5. Wet Eyeshadow – By dampening your brush when using eyeshadows, your eyeshadows will not only pop and create a gorgeous sheen, but they also stay in place longer. Be sure to check that your eyeshadow can be used wet and dry. Some are only meant to be used dry and you don’t want to ruin them.
6. Waterproof Products – Waterproof products like mascara, eyeliner, and even lipsticks are ideal for obvious reasons. Best part is you can cannonball into the pool and still come out of the water looking like Beyonce.
7. Lip Stains – I love a lip stain because they are super lightweight and they last a longtime. Throw that matte liquid lipstick to the side when the weather is dry and moisture-up with a great lip stain.
8. Set It – Setting sprays are honestly my favorite. Utilizing a setting spray that ensures longevity is the way to go. For a little tip, spray your setting spray after each phase. (For example, spray before face products, spray after face products, and then spray at the very end.)
For a list of some of our favorite summer beauty essentials, keep on reading…
Clinique Moisture Surge™ 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator
$12.00-$52.50 in sizes 15ml, 30ml, 50ml, 75ml
Allergy Tested. 100% Fragrance Free. Non-Acnegenic. Oil-Free.
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer – Oil Free Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen
$45.00 1.7 fl. oz.
15 shades; Non-comedogenic. Dermatologist-tested.
Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint
$16.99 1 fl. oz.
10 shades; Oil-free. Non-comedogenic
Cargo Swimmables™ Water Resistant Blush: Bali
$26.00 2.83 g
3 shades; Paraben free
Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Skin Liquid Lighting Highlighter
$52.00 1 fl. oz
3 shades; Paraben Free. Silicone Free.
Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer
Paraben Free. Gluten Free.
Stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner
$22.00 .016 oz
Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara
$23.00 .27 oz tube
Paraben Free. Sulfate Free. Phthalates Free.
Dior Addict Lip Tattoo
Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray
$32.00 4 fl. oz.
Save this article for later by pinning the image below and follow The ChaCha Blog on Pinterest for more: